Privacy information for survey
1. We may collect information about your computer, your use of the survey, and may collect or receive user provided personal information as you interact with us in order to optimize your user experience or address your request. Examples of how your information may be used (but not limited to) include the delivery of marketing communications or promotional materials, improvements to the website, products, and services we provide, and detecting, preventing, and responding to misuse of the website (ie. fraud, violation of law, etc.).
Personal information is any information about a specific individual or that identifies or may identify a specific individual. Some additional information we may collect includes contact and relationship or role.
- Contact information allows us to interact and communicate with you.
- Relationship or role information helps us understand who you are and what you are seeking to properly fulfill your request.
We may share personal information with our affiliated companies, suppliers, dealers, and business partners which may use it for the purposes listed above.
Users are advised that information provided may be cross referenced with other information you have provided to us. For example, if you provide your contact information we may be able to provide additional information on products you own and services you use.
This survey may directly authenticate or connect a user to an authenticated (or logged in) experience based on the user’s digital activity or data inputted by the user. An authenticated experience occurs when a set of log-in credentials are obtained from the users and will allow for additional access and experiences not allotted to non-authenticated users. In these circumstances an anonymous user is not acceptable or allowed. Common authenticated users include Caterpillar and Dealer personnel, customers, & affiliates. In an authenticated experience we collect the information discussed in the section above which will now be tied to an authenticated account profile and additional information associated with the account profile. In the event the user provides personal information on behalf of another individual the user should ensure proper consent is obtained from the individual. Examples of how this information may be used (but not limited to) include requesting, accessing, and managing Caterpillar systems, services, or programs.
Some additional personal information we may collect includes personal preferences and authenticated account information.
- Personal Preferences allows us to provide an experience adjusted to the way you prefer to ingest content.
- Authenticated Account Information is an identity profile which is requested or created by the user and collected by Caterpillar to ensure you are an authorized user.
2. Website Linkages:
As users explore this survey they may encounter linkages to other Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar websites. Users are advised that as links are selected they may encounter different features and experiences that may have different privacy notices and processes not associated with this survey.
3. Third Party Integration, Services, and Tracking:
We link to third party solutions that enable third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit this Site. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and information that may allow for identifying you (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements for products likely to be of greater interest to you or advertising-related services, such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These third parties typically use a cookie, pixel tag, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information. For example, in the course of visiting our site, these third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser in order to collect certain information about you and your interest in our Products and could be used to show you ads on other websites based on your interests. This information may also be used to relate devices which belong to the same user (based on user behavior or other information collected) or re-identified to an individual user (e.g. an email address). More information on these is available in our Cookies section. This includes:
- Microsoft’s Bing Ads – Bing Ads collect user information (including personally identifiable information) from Microsoft online properties, apps and other technologies like tags, pixels or unique tracking codes (“Bing Ads User Data”). Microsoft uses Bing Ads User Data for purposes of delivering Bing Ads including, where applicable, retargeting and conversions. Microsoft uses Bing Ads User Data for its own purposes, including to improve its services. To learn more about how Microsoft collects, uses and processes personally identifiable information, including information on how to control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Microsoft, please see its Privacy Statements at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
- Facebook Ads – Facebook collects user information (including personally identifiable information) from Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and other products and features offered by Facebook apps and other technologies like tags, pixels or unique tracking codes (“Facebook User Data”). Facebook uses Facebook User Data for purposes of delivering Facebook Ads including, where applicable, retargeting and conversions. Facebook uses Facebook User Data for its own purposes, including to improve its services. To learn more about how Facebooks collects, uses and processes information and how you can manage or delete information about you please see its Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Cookies and other tracking technologies, in general, are used to improve website and application efficiency, enable better processing of information, and for various other reasons. To learn more about Caterpillar’s usage of cookies please refer to the cookie notice by visiting Cookie Notice “Cookies” on the website or application website.
As mentioned above, this survey is conducted through Microsoft Forms, so Microsoft may also use their own cookies or other tracking technologies when you use their tool. To learn more about how Microsoft collects, uses and processes personally identifiable information, including information on how to control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Microsoft, please see its Privacy Statements at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
5. For additional information about Caterpillar’s privacy practices, including corporate contact information, please see the Global Privacy Statement at https://www.caterpillar.com/dataprivacy. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. If we update or change this privacy notice, the changes will be made on this page. Your use of the Website following the posting of changes to this privacy notice will demonstrate your acceptance of those changes.