SCR Catalyst Retrofitting
Modular Complete MWM Solution
- Reliable reduction of plant emission values with SCR (selective catalytic reduction)
- Compliance with all requirements of the 44th Federal Immission Control Ordinance (44th BImSchV) in Germany
- Plant-specific modular turn-key solution
- Full scope retrofitting with urea tank and supply with MWM Premium U 32.5 urea solution possible
- Precise urea injection technology, controlled by the actual NOx values measured
- Quality assurance by the manufacturer
- State-of-the-art technology
- Service and maintenance by MWM personnel
- Remote system access ensures quick support and high system availability
- Project financing from 0% p.a.
On this page
Video: SCR Catalyst (in German)
Requirements of the 44th BImSchV
SCR catalyst components
Products and services
Benefits of SCR catalyst retrofitting
Flyer SCR Catalyst Retrofitting (in German)
Product Flyer MWM Premium U 32.5 (in German)
Comply with Emission Limits for Existing and New CHP Plants While Ensuring Plant Efficiency and Availability
Due to the introduction of new evidence, documentation, and reporting obligations under the 44th Federal Immission Control Ordinance (44th BImSchV) on June 20, 2019 and stricter emission limits, existing and new plants with a rated thermal input of 1 to 50 MW in Germany need to be retrofitted with SCR catalysts. To ensure compliance with these requirements, MWM offers a retrofit kit in the form of a compact turn-key solution with SCR catalysts. SCR technology enables the reliable reduction of NOx emissions in a sustainable and long-term manner.
DATENSCHUTZHINWEIS: Beim Abspielen von Videos gelten die Datenschutzbestimmungen von YouTube. /// PRIVACY NOTE: If you play a video, privacy regulations of YouTube apply.
All languages of the video on YouTube: DE
(can be implemented in the form of a containerized solution or in a building):
- SCR catalyst housing
- SCR catalyst and oxidation catalyst honeycomb
- Dosing unit
- Injection section
- Compressed air unit
- Urea tank
A urea-water solution is injected into the exhaust gas after the gas engine and before the catalyst. The thermolysis and hydrolysis in the exhaust gas produces ammonia (NH3) and carbon dioxide (CO2). In the catalyst, the ammonia causes a reduction of NOx, resulting in nitrogen and water.
Easy retrofitting by MWM Service:
The ordinance applies to newly installed and existing combined heat and power (CHP) plants and cogeneration plants in Germany that are driven by gas engines. For the retrofitting of existing plants, MWM offers a compact turn-key solution with SCR catalyst, optionally also with urea tank and urea solution. As the retrofitting of existing plants takes very little time, the downtime is very short. Moreover, MWM Service evaluates all the steps that need to be taken in advance in order to ensure a smooth and speedy transition. After the existing peripherals have been disconnected, the new SCR catalyst can be mounted. Additionally, the urea tank is set up, the control system is installed, and the SCR system is linked to and integrated in the existing engine control. Optional remote system access ensures quick support and high system availability.
- Modular complete solution in compact design
- Full compliance with the statutory requirements of the 44th BImSchV
- Even more efficient plant operation with reduced emissions
- Service and maintenance by qualified personnel
- Comprehensive EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) retrofit solution including urea tank and urea solution
- State-of-the-art urea injection technology, controlled by the actual NOx values measured
- Remote access to the system for quick support and high system availability
- Project financing with 0 percent interest available on request
Order your SCR catalyst retrofit set in the service shop or contact your service partner.
For general inquiries concerning service products, contact: email@example.com
Gas Engines & Products
Cogeneration Power Plant Solutions
Eco-friendly MWM cogeneration power plants with combined heat and power enable decentralized, economical and energy-efficient power production.
Container Cogeneration Plant
Compact modules for the TCG 3016, TCG 3020 and 2020 gas engines. Complete turnkey systems for special applications.
Gas Engine TCG 3016
New development – greatly reduced operating and installation costs and fully digitized power plant control.
Gas Engine TCG 2032
High reliability. Low operating costs. Gas types: natural gas, landfill gas, sewage gas, mine gas, coke oven gas. Mainly used in large IPP projects with up to 100 MWel.
Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH Carl-Benz-Strasse 1 68167 Mannheim Germany
T +49 6 21/3 84 – 0 F +49 6 21/3 84 – 88 00 E firstname.lastname@example.org