MWM TCG 3016 Gas Engine – Efficiency Goes Digital
The New One. Robust. Efficient. Digital.
- Output range from 400 kWel to 1,000 kWel
- Optimum efficiency: electrical efficiency up to 43 percent
- Low gas consumption and flexible in terms of the fuel used; suitable for all gas types: natural gas, biogas, landfill gas, sewage gas, mine gas, etc.
- Greatly reduced installation and operating costs
- Higher reliability and availability through improved robustness
- Low maintenance costs due to longer maintenance intervals
- Very low lubricant consumption and operator-friendly oil management
- The TCG 3016 V16 (S = High density) is specifically optimized for the 1 MWel capacity range, with high stress tolerance for optimum availability, and long useful life
Privacy Note Youtube:
Google Cookies on Play!
To embed videos in this website, we use YouTube in the privacy-enhanced mode. This means that a YouTube cookie will be set and other data processing procedures beyond our control might be triggered only when you play a video.
The MWM TCG 3016 gas engines are more than merely the next iteration of MWM's proven gas gensets: The new gas engines represent an entirely new development – perfectly tailored to the challenges of Industry 4.0 and the changed framework conditions of a dynamic market environment in the age of global value chains. Outstanding efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and environmental compatibility represent the basic pillars of the gas engines in the output range from 400 kWel to 1,000 kWel. Their innovative drive is especially evident from the greatly reduced fuel costs, the extremely low lubricant consumption, and the digitized power plant control TPEM.
Description – Gas Engine TCG 3016
High Efficiency, Low Operating Costs
- Highest efficiency in its output class through unique combination of long maintenance intervals (80,000 operating hours for natural gas) and high efficiency (electrical efficiency up to 43.5 percent)
- The only gas engine on the market that combines efficiency with robustness to such a high degree
- Thanks to the optimized combustion, the electrical efficiency has been improved, and the vibration and stress that many components are exposed to has been reduced significantly.
Reduced Installation and Building Costs
- Smaller setup area than for comparable gensets thanks to compact design and integrated tanks for daily refilling
- Due to the flanged genset concept, the vibration decoupling takes place directly between the gas engine and the base frame, so that the setup costs are lower than for other gas engines.
- Reduced investment costs thanks to expanded product scope and new digital power plant control TPEM (Total Plant & Energy Management)
- Thanks to the optimized new combustion chamber geometry, higher mixture circuit temperatures reduce the dry cooler investment costs and ensure steadier combustion.
- Further benefits and technological improvements: Water-cooled turbo charger, flanged genset concept, optimized flow control of the fuel gas mix and optimized oil management of the gas engine
Optimized Lubricant Managament
- Greatly reduced oil consumption of 0.1 g/kWhel. Thus, the TCG 3016 gas engine boasts the lowest lubricant consumption in its class.
- Longer oil change intervals through innovative, leading-edge lubricant management
- Lubricant change intervals of up to 4,000 operating hours for natural gas and biogas (high and medium gas quality)*
- Up to 66 percent lower lubricant consumption compared to competitors
*Oil change must be performed after oil analysis
Industry 4.0 – TPEM
Economical, Efficient and Complete
- With its comprehensive digital power plant control system TPEM (Total Plant & Energy Management), Caterpillar redefines the control standard for energy solutions. TPEM eliminates the need for additional control systems for most applications, as all power plant data for the genset and plant control are combined in one system. The optimum power plant control enables high economic efficiency, provided from a single source.
- ONE USER INTERFACE – Complete power plant control and setup
- REMOTE ACCESS – Remote power plant control on site and via VPN connection with visualization “TPEM Remote Client” included
- SECURITY-ORIENTED TECHNOLOGY – Meets latest ISO 27001 standards; Safety chain for cogeneration plant monitoring (TÜV-certified)
- SET UP – Custom-tailored technical solutions; One integrated, flexible control system for all electric power applications; Modular structure for individual solutions
- OPERATE – High efficiency through optimal power plant control; Enables remote power plant management and monitoring; Use the full genset potential with maximum reliability
- OPTIMIZE – Data management and analysis delivers information for optimizing the power plant; Life cycle history enables the logging of and access to data throughout the life cycle of the genset and the peripherals
MWM about the new TCG 3016 –
efficiency goes digital
Boasting the highest electrical efficiency and long operating hours until the general overhaul, the TCG 3016 reaches an unprecedented profitability level in its class.
Tobias Wedemeier, Product Line Manager
With the new integrated power plant control TPEM, the TCG 3016 gensets are prepared for the digital future.
Melf Thomsen, Project Supervisor
The modified combustion chamber increases the efficiency, reduces knock sensitivity and pollutant emissions, and cuts the service requirements.
Michael Gehbauer, Product Support
The TPEM software and hardware controls the engine and the alternator as well as the entire power plant – for full performance and maximum reliability.
Michael Dressler, Product Line Manager
With the optimized piston group and the expanded lubricant volume that has been adapted to the engine, we have significantly reduced the lubricant operating costs.
Florian Kahl, Development Engineer Mechanics
Through close, interdisciplinary teamwork, we deliver solutions that fulfill all requirements despite increasingly complex framework conditions.
Dhana Jauer, Project Coordinator
The flanged generator set design and the associated vibration decoupling of the base frame substantially reduce the strain on numerous components.
Tobias Marnet, Project Manager Engineering
The new TCG 3016 represents a highly robust package that ensures top performance in terms of electrical efficiency and lubricant consumption in its class.
Dr. Markus Lüft, Platform Manager TCG 3016
Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH
Please fill out our contact form and we will call you back!